Submissions tracker

The world outside PG
Mic
Preternatural Poster
Preternatural Poster
antispam: no

Submissions tracker

Post by Mic » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

For those of you who can't keep track, there's this (but it costs a bit a month)

https://duotrope.com/index.aspx?bp=subtracker

I keep my submissions in a little red cash (ha ha!) book, although I have made embarrassing mistakes (e.g. Michael McKminn sp?) at Rialto said he was sure he'd already seen one or two of my last submission before. When I checked my notes, he was right and I had resubmitted a couple. (I kind of liked that he recognised them!)

Mic

PS - sorry not to have been around much lately. Will be getting back into it here soon I hope.
"Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you" - Rumi

Ros

Re: Submissions tracker

Post by Ros » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:37 pm

I just use a spreadsheet. Remarkably easy to get it wrong and send something to two places at once, though.

Ros
Rosencrantz: What are you playing at? Guildenstern: Words. Words. They're all we have to go on.

Nash

Post by Nash » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

I keep all my poems as word documents.

Each poem has it's own folder containing every draft in numerical order of revision.

All poem folders start in the Work in Progress folder in date order.

Once I'm happy with the poem its folder gets moved to the Completed folder in alphabetical order.

Once submitted to a magazine it gets moved to the Under Review folder (into a sub-folder of the name of the magazine) and a note added to the bottom of the poem document of the date and place submitted.

If rejected it goes back to the Completed folder with a note added of the date rejected and name of place that rejected it.

If accepted it gets moved to the Published folder with a note added of the date accepted, issue number and name of place that accepted it.

Anally retentive, moi?

David

Post by David » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Massively disappointed by the Teutonic efficiency of your system, John. I assumed that, if you did anything at all, you simply wrote the names of your poems on fallen leaves and let the wind do your filing.

brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Post by brianedwards » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:27 pm

David wrote:Massively disappointed by the Teutonic efficiency of your system, John. I assumed that, if you did anything at all, you simply wrote the names of your poems on fallen leaves and let the wind do your filing.
This.

B.

Nash

Post by Nash » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:53 pm

David wrote:Massively disappointed by the Teutonic efficiency of your system, John. I assumed that, if you did anything at all, you simply wrote the names of your poems on fallen leaves and let the wind do your filing.
Hah! That would have been me once, David. But, when you've been running a business alongside Mrs Nash for this long a bit of ruthless efficiency is bound to rub off, she'd give Torquemada a run for his money.

Mic
Preternatural Poster
Preternatural Poster

Post by Mic » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Hahahahahaha!

x
"Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you" - Rumi

Antcliff

Post by Antcliff » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:43 pm

you simply wrote the names of your poems on fallen leaves and let the wind do your filing
ha! This is rather close to the truth in my case.

Seth
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur