Poets' Graves Anthology - call for submissions!

The world outside PG
BenJohnson
Preternatural Poster
Preternatural Poster
antispam: no

Re: Poets' Graves Anthology - call for submissions!

Post by BenJohnson » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:26 pm

By now everyone should have received an email informing them of the poems that have been chosen along with a request for a brief bio. If you haven't received an email check your spam filter, alternative email accounts, etc and if you still can't find it then give me a shout.

I have completed a preliminary layout for the poems and I'm just finishing creating PDFs for each poet so that they can see the proposed layout and okay it or request changes. These will be sent out tomorrow.

Unfortunately we have been unable to contact Barrie's family on any of the email addresses we hold for them and so we are unable to include any of his poems due to copyright concerns. If anyone has up to date contact details for his family let me know. I propose the book should at least be dedicated to his memory.

The book will be titled Making Contact which is the title of one of Suzanne's poems. It was felt that this was a suitably Bloodaxe style title along the lines of Being Human or Staying Alive. It also seems to suit the idea of an online forum producing a body of work that is available offline. I have a few ideas for the cover, but I would be interested in seeing any ideas from members here that tie in with the title.

I have deeply enjoyed reading and re-reading all the submissions and I am deeply excited by the way the collection looks so far.

One suggestion that was made was that poets might like to make recordings of the poems included in the book. If anyone wants to record thair poems and email them to me I'm sure they will play a role in promoting the final product.

Suzanne
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Post by Suzanne » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Big smile. Fun!
I feel so lucky. three poems and the title reference.

Lucky me! Thanks.

Nash

Post by Nash » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 pm

More skill than luck, Suzanne! Well done!

Antcliff

Re:

Post by Antcliff » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Suzanne wrote:Big smile. Fun!
I feel so lucky. three poems and the title reference.
Lucky me! Thanks.
Hooray Sooz! I remember the poem. And I had hoped that it would appear. It was so suited! And now it is where it should be!

seth
We fray into the future, rarely wrought
Save in the tapestries of afterthought.
Richard Wilbur

bodkin
Location: Two inches behind my eyes just above the bridge of my nose.

Post by bodkin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 pm

I have just finished proof reading the, err, proofs, and reading us en mass I have to say we rock!

Ian
http://www.ianbadcoe.uk/

brianedwards
Perspicacious Poster
Perspicacious Poster

Post by brianedwards » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 pm

BenJohnson wrote: The book will be titled Making Contact which is the title of one of Suzanne's poems. It was felt that this was a suitably Bloodaxe style title along the lines of Being Human or Staying Alive.
Good title, but the reason given above is quite bizarre. Why "suitably"? Very strange.

B.

Nash

Post by Nash » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 pm

brianedwards wrote:
BenJohnson wrote: The book will be titled Making Contact which is the title of one of Suzanne's poems. It was felt that this was a suitably Bloodaxe style title along the lines of Being Human or Staying Alive.
Good title, but the reason given above is quite bizarre. Why "suitably"? Very strange.

B.
Perhaps it just sounds odd out of context of the original discussion. We had a shortlist of titles, I said I thought Making Contact would make a good title and mentioned that it sounded a bit like one of those Bloodaxe anthologies. That is all.

Wilcken
Prolific Poster
Prolific Poster

Post by Wilcken » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Ben, Nash, Ros...

You are true friends of the art of poetry.

I'll take 20 copies and promote all y'all across the pond!

Gratefully,

Jane