Message from Barrie's Family

Message from Barrie's Family

Postby Nicola » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:25 pm

We have just received a message from Barrie's family which I will post here in it's entirety. Cam and I are going to set up this forum for now so that all posts can be kept in one place.

"Hi Cam,

Just wanted you to pass on our thanks to everyone who has said such kind words about Barrie. His funeral will be held at Lancaster crematorium on 21st January at 1.15 if anybody wishes to attend. We are asking people firstly to wear jeans, as Barrie would have! and secondly rather than flowers we are asking for donations which we will use to publish a book of Barrie's poems. Could you ask everyone what their favourite Barrie poems were as we would like to include these. If we raise any funds from the book we would like to set up a trust fund in Barrie's name, proceeds of which we would use to encourage budding poets with their writing as this is something I'm sure Barrie would have approved of.

Please could you contact Barrie's daughters Rachel or Tamsin with your views of this as we may need your help with setting up such a trust and also with flogging copies of the book!!

Email: r.richards@nabarro.com or
tamsin_haughton@hotmail.com.

Many thanks,

Sylvia, Rachel and Sharonxxx "
Nicola
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Barrie