I've recently got involved with a small Brighton-based poetry publisher called Pighog Press and, as part of their 10th anniversary celebrations, I am helping launch a series of monthly readings in Brighton throughout 2012.
We are calling the series 'Pighog Poetry Nights' and the aim is to showcase established poets’ work and to amplify up-and-coming voices.
I'm quite pleased with the line-up so far:
– Thurs 23 February – Jackie Wills
– Thurs 29 March – Maria Jastrzebska
– Thurs 26 April – Hugh Dunkerley
– Thurs 24 May – James Brookes (as part of Fringe)
– Thurs 28 June – John McCullough
– Thurs 27 September – Charlotte Gann
– Thurs 25 October – Antony Owen
– Thurs 29 November – Brendan Cleary (as part of Pigbaby)
All at Redroaster, 1d St James St, Brighton BN2 1RE
Doors 7.30 for 8pm £5, concs £3.
If any of you lot are local, or plan to be in Brighton for any of the above dates, or know anyone who is or does who might be interested - then please do feel free to circulate this information. I have a flyer available on request.
The programme isn't full yet, and I'd like to give up-and-coming poets an opportunity to read (Brighton gets surprisingly good audiences for poetry) - especially if they have a pamphlet or collection coming up. If you are one of these, or know one of these - email me!